1. A 50-year-old dilapidated building collapsed Saturday, killing at least 11 people, the Associated Press reports.
Indian rescuers gesture for an excavator to stop as they try to retrieve the body of one victim.
2. Authorities were still searching for people believed trapped underneath the rubble of the four-story structure in northern New Delhi.
While the AP story indicated there was one survivor being treated at a local hospital, Sky News reported that at least 14 people had been rescued.
4. Al Jazeera reports that at least five children are among the dead. Sky News reports three children have been killed.
5. Police officer Madhur Verma told the AP that most homes in the poor neighborhood were built without permission.
6. According to local media, the government has ordered an inquiry into the collapse. The Press Trust of India reports that it was “triggered by construction work on an adjacent plot,” the AP said.
An 11-story building at a construction site also collapsed in Chennai, India, on Saturday, killing five, according to India Today. A search for survivors is underway there as well.
- An ultra-Orthodox man stabbed six people at Jerusalem's gay pride parade today. He's been apprehended..
- The Taliban has appointed Mullah Akhtar Mansour as its new Afghan leader.