1. The dad who woke his kid up, adorably, Doom-style.
4. The dad who hacked Donkey Kong so his daughter could play as a female character.
5. The parents who rented out an entire movie theater so their son could have a legendary gaming birthday.
6. The Chinese father who hired in-game hitmen to help his son beat his World of Warcraft addiction through pure frustration.
8. The game-developer dad who built his daughter an entire game for her birthday present.
You can buy it on the app store!
10. The divorced dad who bought his daughter two Wii U’s, so she could game at his house and at her mother’s.
Joe Bernstein is a senior technology reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in New York. Bernstein reports on and writes about the gaming industry and web culture.
Contact Joseph Bernstein at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In The News Today
- California Republican Kevin McCarthy has dropped out of the race to be the next speaker of the U.S. House. ›
- The United Nations has proposed a national unity government for Libya after peace talks between the north African country's two rival factions. ›
- Walter Scott's family has reached a $6.5 million settlement with North Charleston, S.C., where the unarmed black man was fatally shot by an officer in April. ›