1. The dad who woke his kid up, adorably, Doom-style.
4. The dad who hacked Donkey Kong so his daughter could play as a female character.
5. The parents who rented out an entire movie theater so their son could have a legendary gaming birthday.
6. The Chinese father who hired in-game hitmen to help his son beat his World of Warcraft addiction through pure frustration.
8. The game-developer dad who built his daughter an entire game for her birthday present.
You can buy it on the app store!
10. The divorced dad who bought his daughter two Wii U’s, so she could game at his house and at her mother’s.
Joe Bernstein is a senior technology reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in New York. Bernstein reports on and writes about the gaming industry and web culture.
Contact Joseph Bernstein at email@example.com
Here Are The Top Stories
- Greece voted "no" on sweeping new austerity measures tied to further bailout funds. Its future in the eurozone is uncertain, and its creditors are unimpressed.
- The U.S. faces Japan in Vancouver in the final match of the FIFA Women's World Cup. The Americans scored 4 goals in the first 15 minutes of the game ⚽️
- Captured New York prison escapee David Sweat has been released from hospital and is back in jail.