Columbus Short in Scandal.
2. Former Scandal actor Columbus Short was arrested about 2 a.m. Saturday in Dallas for public intoxication, the Associated Press reports.
The arrest happened near the Katy Trail Ice House, a restaurant and beer garden. According to People, Short fought with a security guard and was “verbally assaulting” police.
The incident is Short’s second run-in with the law in recent months; in March he was charged with battery for knocking a man out during a fight in West Hollywood. Short pleaded not guilty to the charge in May.
Short (center) with the cast of Scandal.
4. The 31-year-old starred in the first three seasons of ABC’s popular drama Scandal, but announced in April that he wouldn’t be back for season four.
- Justice Antonin Scalia, who served almost 30 years on the Supreme Court as one of its most prominent and influential conservative voices, died Saturday. He was 79.
- The four members of British indie band Viola Beach and their manager are believed to have died in a car crash in Sweden.
- And U.S. Republican presidential candidates had their nastiest debate yet in South Carolina last night 🇺🇸