Columbus Short in Scandal.
2. Former Scandal actor Columbus Short was arrested about 2 a.m. Saturday in Dallas for public intoxication, the Associated Press reports.
The arrest happened near the Katy Trail Ice House, a restaurant and beer garden. According to People, Short fought with a security guard and was “verbally assaulting” police.
The incident is Short’s second run-in with the law in recent months; in March he was charged with battery for knocking a man out during a fight in West Hollywood. Short pleaded not guilty to the charge in May.
Short (center) with the cast of Scandal.
4. The 31-year-old starred in the first three seasons of ABC’s popular drama Scandal, but announced in April that he wouldn’t be back for season four.
- Austria and Germany will allow people seeking refuge from the war in Syria who are currently in Hungary to come to their countries. ›
- Rowan County, Kentucky, issued several marriage licenses today, but their validity is being questioned because jailed clerk Kim Davis's name isn't on them. ›
- U.S. Vice President Joe Biden said he isn't sure he has the "emotional energy" to run for president. ›