2. Diane Sawyer ended her five-year run as the anchor of ABC’s World News Wednesday.
The newscast isn’t on Netflix, but it is on Hulu.
4. Sawyer isn’t retiring, however. Instead, she’s “moving upstairs” and will continue working on ABC’s news team.
The Huffington Post described Sawyer’s next gig as “a roving scoop-getter, essentially filling the slot left by Barbara Walters after her retirement.” Sawyer’s last days at World News were marked by a ratings victory over rival NBC, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
6. David Muir is taking Sawyer’s place on World News. Muir is a 40-year-old TV news anchor The New York Times described as “a rising star anchor at the network.”
7. Watch Sawyer’s final moments on the show here:
- Protesters marched in Chicago for the second night in a row after the release of a video showing the police shooting of black teen Laquan McDonald. ›
- Frank Gifford's family says the NFL star had CTE, the degenerative brain disease linked to football. He died in August. ›
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›