2. Diane Sawyer ended her five-year run as the anchor of ABC’s World News Wednesday.
The newscast isn’t on Netflix, but it is on Hulu.
4. Sawyer isn’t retiring, however. Instead, she’s “moving upstairs” and will continue working on ABC’s news team.
The Huffington Post described Sawyer’s next gig as “a roving scoop-getter, essentially filling the slot left by Barbara Walters after her retirement.” Sawyer’s last days at World News were marked by a ratings victory over rival NBC, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
6. David Muir is taking Sawyer’s place on World News. Muir is a 40-year-old TV news anchor The New York Times described as “a rising star anchor at the network.”
7. Watch Sawyer’s final moments on the show here:
- Senate Democrats have secured enough votes to uphold the Iran nuclear deal when Congress votes on it later this month. ›
- A new study says there are 3 trillion trees on Earth — much more than previously thought. But we're losing them fast 🌳 ›
- The U.S. Army says it's removing restrictions on women attending Ranger School. Two soldiers became the first women to graduate from the school last month. ›