1. Here’s the playlist Mayor Bloomberg put together:
2. And here’s Governor Christie’s noticeably shorter one:
3. The most popular artist on the Christie’s list is Bruce Springsteen, because of course.
4. But Bloomberg gets major points for the classic J-Lo jam “Jenny From The Block.”
5. There were, however, some key omissions. Prime example: How can you make a NYC playlist without Wu-Tang?
6. But props to the New Jersey Gov for trying to keep it modern with a little “Fun.”
7. And to Bloomberg for throwing in some Lumineers
Though this specific choice is slightly questionable — their founding members are originally from New Jersey.
8. But which themes reigned supreme in this Hudson River playlist playoff? Bloomberg’s?
10. Let us know down below.
- Police in Athens used pepper spray on protesters two days ahead of Greece's major bailout vote.
- A medical helicopter crashed in Colorado. The crash killed the pilot and injured two crew members.
- Serena Williams survived an upset at Wimbledon and defeated current Britain's Heather Watson. She'll play her older sister Venus in the next round of the tournament ?