1. A press release claiming DeQuincy, Louisiana, has made twerking illegal was posted to the website PRLog Tuesday.
2. The only problem is, according to a town employee, it’s fake.
3. According to the fake press release, Mayor Maynard Wilkens said, “Twerking is a defiant act against Jesus,” and twerking would be punishable by 30 days in county jail. The actual mayor of DeQuincy is Lawrence Henagan, however, and he didn’t say that.
4. DeQuincy is a town of less than 4,000, two hours east of Houston.
5. This isn’t the first fake story about the town. According to The Times-Picayune, fake press releases have circulated claiming the town banned Koreans from living there and gave all its students guns.
Check out more articles on BuzzFeed.com!