1. Women across the world participated in “One Billion Rising” Thursday, an event to bring awareness to violence against women.
2. According to the United Nations, one in three women will be raped or beaten in her lifetime.
3. One in three woman equals about a billion women, hence “One Billion Rising.”
4. The event called for women to organize a flashmob or demonstration where they would dance.
5. This is one of the songs they danced to.
6. Guys were also more than welcome to join.
8. Like in India.
9. And Germany.
10. And the Democratic Republic of Congo.
11. And Serbia.
12. And China.
13. And Indonesia.
14. And the Philippines.
15. Organizers hope the event will be “a call to men and women to refuse to participate in the status quo until rape and rape culture ends.”
- More debris – believed to be part of the missing aircraft MH370 – has been found washed up on the Indian Ocean island of Réunion on Sunday.
- Cilla Black, the legendary English singer and TV star, has died at her home in Spain, according to local police. She was 72-years-old.
- A conservation group at Oxford University told BuzzFeed News that media reports of Jericho's death were not true and that the 11-year-old lion was "alive and well".