1. The Washington, D.C. Department of Health posted proposed tattoo and body piercing regulations Friday.
2. Included in the regulations is a 24-hour waiting period that requires customers to wait a day after requesting their tattoo.
3. “The 24-hour wait period is pretty ridiculous,” said Matt Knopp owner of Tattoo Paradise in Adams Morgan. “It’s unprecedented … You start with this and where does it end?”
4. The regulations also prohibit minors from getting tattoos and requires a parent or legal guardian to be present if a minor gets a piercing.
5. Knopp said he and other tattoo shop owners in D.C. planned to fight the proposed regulations. The Health Department indicated they would take public comments on the proposal for 30 days.
- After almost a week, Brussels lowered its terror threat level to 3, the nation's second-highest. One of the suspected Paris attackers remains at large. ›
- Russia's athletic federation has accepted its suspension after report found evidence of "widespread doping." ›
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›