1. The Washington, D.C. Department of Health posted proposed tattoo and body piercing regulations Friday.
The Augusta Chronicle, Emily Rose Bennett / AP
2. Included in the regulations is a 24-hour waiting period that requires customers to wait a day after requesting their tattoo.
3. “The 24-hour wait period is pretty ridiculous,” said Matt Knopp owner of Tattoo Paradise in Adams Morgan. “It’s unprecedented … You start with this and where does it end?”
Spencer Platt / Getty Images
4. The regulations also prohibit minors from getting tattoos and requires a parent or legal guardian to be present if a minor gets a piercing.
5. Knopp said he and other tattoo shop owners in D.C. planned to fight the proposed regulations. The Health Department indicated they would take public comments on the proposal for 30 days.
Here Are The Top Stories
- The trooper who pulled over Sandra Bland was disciplined for "unprofessional conduct" in the fall of 2014, records show.
- Dozens of people inhaled balloons full of laughing gas outside British parliament in protest against proposed drug laws.
- An Ohio man is suspected of fatally shooting his neighbor in the face before running her over with a lawn mower.