1. The Washington, D.C. Department of Health posted proposed tattoo and body piercing regulations Friday.
The Augusta Chronicle, Emily Rose Bennett / AP
2. Included in the regulations is a 24-hour waiting period that requires customers to wait a day after requesting their tattoo.
3. “The 24-hour wait period is pretty ridiculous,” said Matt Knopp owner of Tattoo Paradise in Adams Morgan. “It’s unprecedented … You start with this and where does it end?”
Spencer Platt / Getty Images
4. The regulations also prohibit minors from getting tattoos and requires a parent or legal guardian to be present if a minor gets a piercing.
5. Knopp said he and other tattoo shop owners in D.C. planned to fight the proposed regulations. The Health Department indicated they would take public comments on the proposal for 30 days.
In The News Today
- Prosecutors will seek the death penalty for Dylann Roof, accused of killing 9 people in a Charleston church in June. ›
- Kentucky clerk Kim Davis has been taken into federal custody until she orders her staff to issue marriage licenses. ›
- Tom Brady's four-game suspension by the NFL following the "Deflategate" scandal has been overturned by a federal judge. ›