1. A group of truckers protested the government shutdown by driving around the Capital Beltway with the intent to clog traffic Friday.
2. “We’re tired of the government not following the Constitution, not following the oath of office like they pledged to,” trucker Scott Lavy told the Associated Press.
3. About 30 commercial vehicles and 15 pickup trucks participated in the protest, Virginia police told NBC Washington. Traffic slowed to about 15 miles per hour. Police stopped the truckers and warned them not to impede traffic.
4. Here’s video from the protest:
In The News Today
- Austria and Germany will allow people seeking refuge from the war in Syria who are currently in Hungary to come to their countries. ›
- Rowan County, Kentucky, issued several marriage licenses today, but their validity is being questioned because jailed clerk Kim Davis's name isn't on them. ›
- U.S. Vice President Joe Biden said he isn't sure he has the "emotional energy" to run for president. ›