1. The International Olympic Committee voted Saturday for Tokyo to host the 2020 summer Olympic Games.
3. Tokyo is the capital of Japan and the largest metropolitan area in the world, with more than 13 million people.
4. Tokyo hosted the 1964 games. It is the eighth city to host multiple games and the first the hold multiple games outside Europe and the United States.
5. Here’s the crowd in Tokyo reacting after finding out their city won the bid.
6. Tokyo beat out Istanbul in a 60-36 vote.
IOC’s final vote tally for the 2020 Olympics: Tokyo 60, Instanbul 36. (@iocmedia)
7. “All three cities were capable of staging excellent Games in 2020, but in the end it was Tokyo’s bid that resonated the most with the IOC membership,” said IOC President Jacques Rogge.
- More debris – believed to be part of the missing Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 – has been found washed up on the Indian Ocean island of Réunion on Sunday.
- A conservation group at Oxford University told BuzzFeed News that media reports of Jericho's death were not true and that the 11-year-old lion was "alive and well".
- A Memphis police officer was shot dead on Saturday night while conducting a routine traffic stop, according to a statement from the Memphis Police Department.