1. The tornado that struck Moore, Okla., Monday was the fourth one in 13 years.
3. On May 8, 2003, a tornado injured more than 130 people, destroyed 300 homes, damaged 1,500.
4. On May 3, 1999 tornado was even more devastating. 36 people were killed, 538 were injured, and 8,000 homes were destroyed or damaged. The total damage cost was $1.1 billion, the third costliest tornado in U.S. history.
In The News Today
- At least 13 people were killed after severe storms and flooding hit the French Riviera on Saturday evening. At least six more are missing. ›
- Doctors Without Borders says 19 people died after a U.S. airstrike caused possible collateral damage at a hospital in Afghanistan. ›
- The Catholic Church fired high-ranking Vatican official Monsignor Krzysztof Charamsa. He came out as gay on Saturday. ›