1. The moon appeared larger, closer and brighter Friday night, and that’s because fall is here.
2. Known as the “Harvest Moon,” it’s the full moon closest to the autumn equinox.
3. It was used by farmers to know when to harvest crops.
4. The moon appears larger because of its rise time and angle of path.
In The News Today
- A judge ruled that the six Baltimore officers charged in the death of Freddie Gray, a black man allegedly killed by police in April, will have individual trials. ›
- Senate Democrats have secured enough votes to uphold the Iran nuclear deal when Congress votes on it later this month. ›
- Hundreds of Eurostar passengers moving between Britain and France were stranded for hours as people were seen on the tracks attempting to get through the tunnel. ›