1. At 8:13 a.m. â€” hours before the oral arguments in the Supreme Court’s Proposition 8 case began â€” this tweet attributed to a Rep. Jack Kimble, a Republican from California’s 54th district, was sent.
2. A lot of people retweeted it, including former Obama press secretary Ben LaBolt.
Time for a new press sec MT @RepJackKimble: If the govt makes us allow same sex marriage, what’s to stop them from requiring us to be gay?— Ben LaBolt
3. And HuffPost Media before they corrected it.
D’oh! Sorry for RT’ing everyone RT @BuzzFeedAndrew: To everyone RTing @RepJackKimble, it’s a parody account of a fake Congressman…..— HuffPost Media
4. Same with the creator of “Parks And Rec.” Glad you didn’t die.
Whew. That’s a parody account. Thank god. I almost just died.— Ken Tremendous
5. The only problem is Jack Kimble isn’t really a Congressman. And there aren’t even 54 districts in California. There are only 53.
6. And it’s fooled people before, like this Washington Post reporter in 2010.
7. Jack Kimble is actually a parody account with a website hosted on blogspot.
8. And it also tweets things like this.
If God wanted gays to get married, he wouldn’t have made wedding cake toppers with one man and one woman.— Jack Kimble
9. And this.
God didn’t create Adam and Steve.He made Adam and even and that other couple whose daughters Cain and Abel married in a totally straight way— Jack Kimble
10. Now you know!
- President Obama stepped up his climate change campaign on Monday while touring the Alaskan Arctic, warning that it's "almost too late" to stop global warming. He is the first U.S. President to tour the Arctic. ›
- The U.S. Supreme Court says a Kentucky county must issue marriage licenses while its clerk appeals a ruling in a lawsuit from three same-sex couples against her "no marriage licenses" policy. ›
- A video released on Monday shows two Texas deputies fatally shooting a man with his hands up. A witness sold the footage to a local TV station for $100. ›