1. The Bay Bridge — San Francisco’s lesser-known bridge — got a 1.8-mile-long, 50-foot-high “light sculpture” Tuesday night.
2. The display includes 25,000 LED lights and will be up for at least two years, according to a statement.
3. The lights cost $4.25 an hour to operate and were funded entirely by private donations.
4. California Lt. Gov. Gavin Newsom, former San Francisco mayor, said he liked the lights.
One of the coolest projects the Bay Area has supported. Bay Bridge Lights: An LED Art Installation http://t.co/wTNraVaeHW Watch tonight 9 pm— Gavin Newsom
- Prosecutors will seek the death penalty for Dylann Roof, accused of killing nine people in a Charleston church in June. ›
- Kentucky clerk Kim Davis has been taken into federal custody until she orders her staff to issue marriage licenses. ›
- Donald Trump has pledged to support the eventual Republican presidential nominee in 2016 and not mount a 3rd-party run. ›