1. They had monthly texting limits.
2. They had to look up directions on their computer and print them out.
3. They had to watch television live and couldn’t skip commercials.
4. They had cameras on their phones but they couldn’t send picture texts.
5. They had to think of creative AIM away messages.
6. They had to decide which of their friends would be in their “top eight” on MySpace.
7. They had to find a song that perfectly captured their feelings so it could autoplay when people went to their profile.
8. They had to worry about the RIAA suing them every time they downloaded a song on LimeWire.
9. They had to burn their music onto a disc if they wanted to listen to it in their car.
10. They had to drive to a store if they wanted to watch a video and then go back to return it when they were finished.
11. But the worst thing was they didn’t have any filters for their photos.
So all their pictures looked like this :(
Check out more articles on BuzzFeed.com!