1. Hillary Clinton went to the White House Monday to have lunch with President Obama. They ate grilled chicken, pasta jambalaya, and salad, and each had their own salt and pepper shaker. They had nothing to drink at the time of this photo.
2. No press was allowed to the lunch. A spokesman for the president said the reason for the lunch was “genuine friendship.”
In The News Today
- More than a dozen people were killed after severe storms and flooding swept through the French Riviera on Saturday evening. ›
- President Obama says the U.S. has launched a full investigation into the airstrikes that killed 19 people at a hospital in Afghanistan on Saturday. ›
- The Catholic Church fired high-ranking Vatican official Monsignor Krzysztof Charamsa. He came out as gay on Saturday. ›