1. Hillary Clinton went to the White House Monday to have lunch with President Obama. They ate grilled chicken, pasta jambalaya, and salad, and each had their own salt and pepper shaker. They had nothing to drink at the time of this photo.
2. No press was allowed to the lunch. A spokesman for the president said the reason for the lunch was “genuine friendship.”
Here Are The Top Stories
- Dylann Roof wants to plead guilty, his attorney said. He is accused of killing nine people at a Charleston church in June.
- The World Health Organization says that an interim analysis of a potential Ebola vaccine shows "100% efficacy in individuals."
- Beijing won its bid to host the 2022 Winter Olympics. It's the first city to host both the summer and winter games.