1. President Obama visited New York City’s Brooklyn borough on Friday.
2. Folks were pretty excited.
Barclays Center sign with Obama in Brooklyn
4. He traveled there in Marine One, which landed in Prospect Park.
5. Obama spoke at Pathways in Technology Early College High School, a school he had mentioned in his State of the Union address.
6. The president said he wanted to lower the cost of college, provide all students with high-speed Internet, and allow every four-year-old child in America to attend preschool.
7. He also said Brooklyn was cool.
“I know Brooklyn in general is blowing up right now. When I was living here, Brooklyn was cool, but not this cool.”
8. He toured the campus.
9. Later, the president went to Junior’s with New York City Democratic mayoral candidate Bill de Blasio.
10. They hugged children.
11. Signed pumpkins.
12. And were generally having an enjoyable time.
13. The end.
- World leaders are gathering in Paris for the United Nations summit on climate change 🌍 ›
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- And Kobe Bryant wrote a poem announcing that he's retiring from professional basketball at the end of this season 🏀🎭 ›