Beyoncé and Jay-Z went to Cuba for their fifth wedding anniversary last week, and two Republican members of Congress from Florida, Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen and Rep. Mario Diaz-Balart, had a problem with it. They wrote to the Office of Foreign Assets Control and this is what the letter said:
7. Read the full letter here.
UPDATE: A Treasury Department spokesman said, “We have received [the letter], it is under review and OFAC will respond accordingly.”
- The fire at a South Carolina black church late Tuesday night wasn't arson, according to a preliminary investigation.
- The U.S. and Cuba have agreed to open embassies in Washington and Havana as they restore diplomatic ties after more than 50 years.
- Greece has become the first developed country to miss a debt payment to the International Monetary Fund.
- The U.S. has defeated Germany 2-0 in the Women's World Cup semis. Team USA will play Japan or England in the final ⚽️