1. To promote the film “Oz The Great And Powerful,” Disney planned to fly a hot air balloon over New York City.
2. Things started out good…
We’re up! #DisneyOz http://t.co/UDWKfQfFCO— Sam Champion
3. But then the balloon never got out of Central Park.
4. Because it was too windy and the balloon was blown back into Central Park where it ripped.
The balloon I was supposed to go in had some wind trouble - came down on a Central Park fountain and ripped. http://t.co/ILVf6mccGa— Roger Clark
I seriously have never seen a hot air balloon land on a fountain and rip…until just now.— Roger Clark
@jenchung nope, there is a six foot hole in it. It’s done for the day.— Roger Clark
8. The balloon only made it 10 to 20 feet in the air before it was blown down, according to Gothamist
9. Luckily, no one was injured, and the balloon is scheduled to be in New York City another day, according to Disney.
- The U.S. will release Israeli spy Jonathan Pollard after 30 years. The move isn't tied to the Iran nuclear deal, American officials say.
- Officials released new footage proving Sandra Bland was "alive and well" when her mugshot was taken. The release aims to counter social media rumors that she was deceased in the photo.
- The NFL has upheld Patriots quarterback Tom Brady's four-game suspension for his alleged involvement with the deflation of footballs 🏈