1. To promote the film “Oz The Great And Powerful,” Disney planned to fly a hot air balloon over New York City.
2. Things started out good…
We’re up! #DisneyOz http://t.co/UDWKfQfFCO— Sam Champion
3. But then the balloon never got out of Central Park.
4. Because it was too windy and the balloon was blown back into Central Park where it ripped.
The balloon I was supposed to go in had some wind trouble - came down on a Central Park fountain and ripped. http://t.co/ILVf6mccGa— Roger Clark
I seriously have never seen a hot air balloon land on a fountain and rip…until just now.— Roger Clark
@jenchung nope, there is a six foot hole in it. It’s done for the day.— Roger Clark
8. The balloon only made it 10 to 20 feet in the air before it was blown down, according to Gothamist
9. Luckily, no one was injured, and the balloon is scheduled to be in New York City another day, according to Disney.
- The U.S. airstrike on a Doctors Without Borders hospital that killed at least 30 people last month happened as a "direct result of avoidable human error," the Pentagon said. ›
- All charges have been dismissed against a popular protest organizer in Chicago. He was arrested Tuesday during protests over a video showing the police shooting of a black teen. ›
- Frank Gifford's family says the NFL star had CTE, the degenerative brain disease linked to football. He died in August. ›