1. President Obama spoke at Camp Pendleton, the U.S. Marine Corp base north of San Diego, Wednesday. MSNBC and CNN covered his speech, but Fox News was talking about the Powerball jackpot.
2. Fox’s Shepard Smith did, however, mention Obama’s speech, show a few seconds of it with very low audio, and told viewers they could watch it on FoxNews.com if they wanted, but that was it.
3. Obama spoke about sexual assault in the military and budget cuts. The Powerball jackpot has hit $425 million.
In The News Today
- Sierra Leone is investigating a new Ebola death after a woman who was believed to be the country's last known case was discharged from the hospital last week. ›
- Lawyers for the NFL and New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady failed to reach a settlement in the deflategate case. A decision is expected by Friday. ›
- Thai police have issued two new arrest warrants as the search widens for the suspects behind Bangkok's deadly shrine bombing. ›