1. Jay Z and Beyoncé attended the Trayvon Martin rally in New York City Saturday where Al Sharpton and Martin’s mother, Sybrina Fulton spoke.
Reverend Al Sharpton
Beyonce and Jay Z with Sybrina Fulton & me at the #100CityTrayvon vigil
2. Sharpton said the couple wasn’t there to speak or for a photo op, but to show their support.
Beyonce and Jay Z here to show support
3. Here, Al Sharpton meets with them before he spoke.
4. And here they are bowing their heads during a prayer.
5. The New York City rally was one of 100 the National Action Network organized across the country.
- The battle to replace Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia, who died Saturday, is expected to elevate the role of the court in an unprecedented way.
- U.S. Republican presidential candidates had their nastiest debate yet in South Carolina 🇺🇸
- And "Deadpool" made $135 million this weekend, the best U.S. debut for an R-rated film. That's a lotta chimichangas 💵