1. A passanger aboard an Alaska Airlines flight from Anchorage, Alaska, to Portland, Oregon, tried to open an emergency exit during the flight, passengers told the Associated Press.
2. The suspect, Alexander Herrera, 23, of Arizona, made “unusual statements” before attempting to open the door, and was put into a choke hold by another passenger.
#BREAKINGNEWS - Jail booking photo of Alexander M. Herrera, 23, charged with interfering with a flight crew @KOINNews
3. Flight attendants used shoelaces to restrain Herrera and he was then placed in a seat that was “surrounded by big guys.”
#BREAKING: Photo from a passenger on @AlaskaAir Flight 132 after a man tried to open a door mid-flight. @KOINNews
4. Herrera was brought to a Portland jail and faces a charge of interfering with a flight crew. His father told a reporter he was stunned by the arrest.
“I gotta face reality thatâ€™s my son and heâ€™s in trouble,” says father of Alexander Herrera. FBI says 23-year old tried to open plane door.
- A University of Cincinnati officer has been charged with murder for shooting Samuel Dubose, an unarmed black man.
- Mullah Omar, the Taliban's reclusive leader, died more than two years ago, Afghan officials say. The Taliban hasn't commented.
- Debris found on an island in the Indian Ocean belongs to the same type of aircraft as the missing Malaysia Airlines flight, a U.S. official told the Associated Press.