1. Julia Charlene Merfeld was videotaped soliciting an undercover police officer to murder her husband.
3. At a later meeting she brought a map of her house. Merfeld planned to pay for the murder from her husband’s $400,000 life insurance policy.
4. She said she wanted it to happen on a Thursday when she worked. “The more shocked I am when it happens, the better. I just want to make it as non-suspicious as possible.”
5. “As terrible as it sounds, it was easier then divorcing him. You know, I don’t have to worry about the judgment of my family. I don’t have to worry about breaking his heart,” she said.
6. Merfeld pled guilty in June to solicitation of murder. Her husband has requested she not be jailed.
7. Watch the video here.
- Do you know what happened in the news this week? Time to take our quiz.