On the ballot Tuesday, Washington, D.C., Mayor Vincent Gray just voted for his reelection. On his Facebook page, D.C. residents can also rate Gray’s performance — and people do. Based on 109 ratings, the mayor is pulling down two-and-a-half stars. People also have some thoughts on how a variety of things are going.
1. Some did not like that he vetoed a living wage bill last year.
3. Some people appeared to be pretty upset they couldn’t watch the 2 Million Biker ride last September (among other things, an event meant to counter the Million American March Against Fear, a Muslim event).
4. Some constituents just wanted to share their appreciation!
5. And still others seemed to have gotten the rating system confused?
- Amazon, Walmart, and other retailers were hit with more than $300,000 in fines for selling toy guns that look like real guns.
- President Obama will unveil a plan that is considered to be "the strongest action ever taken" in the U.S. to combat climate change.
- California Gov. Jerry Brown called for a state of emergency as wildfires burned thousands of acres by Sunday and forced hundreds of evacuations.