1. This is Toronto Mayor Rob Ford.
2. This is Toronto Mayor Rob Ford in a photo provided to the Toronto Star by men who have a video purporting to show Ford smoking crack cocaine.
The man to Ford’s right is Anthony Smith, recently killed in a gangland shoot-out.
3. According to reporters from the Star, the video shows a man who looks almost exactly like Ford getting super high and muttering incoherently.
4. In the video, the man who looks and sounds like Ford calls a rival politician a “fag” and says the high school football team he coaches are “just fucking minorities.”
5. The video was being peddled by Somali men who claim to have sold crack to Ford. They tried to sell the video to the Star after reports that Ford had been removed from a party for acting under the influence of unknown substances.
6. The Star refused to buy the video, and representatives from Ford’s office told Gawker that reports of the mayor smoking crack are “false and defamatory.” That hasn’t stopped Taiwanese animators from recreating the video, however.
7. The crack video story surfaced the same week Ford bizarrely left in the middle of a city council meeting and began putting “Rob Ford Mayor” magnets on cars in the parking lot.
8. And this certainly isn’t the first time Ford has been at the center of controversy. He was recently accused of drunkenly groping a former mayoral candidate.
Above is Sarah Thomson’s photo of the alleged encounter.
9. He was nearly thrown out of office earlier this year over a conflict-of-interest fundraising scandal.
10. Ford has also been busted for drunk driving, got in trouble for saying the word “Orientals,” and was famously ejected from a Toronto Maple Leafs game for drunkenly asking a man, “Do you want your little wife to go over to Iran and get raped and shot?”
11. Also, this GIF.
12. And this one.
13. And good lord.
- A Kentucky clerk is defying the Supreme Court by refusing to issue marriage licenses. Her policy comes from her religious opposition to same-sex marriage. ›
- Los Angeles has officially been selected as the American candidate city to host the 2024 Summer Olympics. ›
- McDonald's all-day breakfast is happening: It's coming to the U.S. on Oct. 6. The company started testing it this year 🍳 ›