1. This is Toronto Mayor Rob Ford.
3. According to reporters from the Star, the video shows a man who looks almost exactly like Ford getting super high and muttering incoherently.
4. In the video, the man who looks and sounds like Ford calls a rival politician a “fag” and says the high school football team he coaches are “just fucking minorities.”
5. The video was being peddled by Somali men who claim to have sold crack to Ford. They tried to sell the video to the Star after reports that Ford had been removed from a party for acting under the influence of unknown substances.
6. The Star refused to buy the video, and representatives from Ford’s office told Gawker that reports of the mayor smoking crack are “false and defamatory.” That hasn’t stopped Taiwanese animators from recreating the video, however.
11. Also, this GIF.
12. And this one.
13. And good lord.
- The battle to replace Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia, who died Saturday, is expected to elevate the role of the court in an unprecedented way.
- U.S. Republican presidential candidates had their nastiest debate yet in South Carolina 🇺🇸
- And "Deadpool" made $135 million this weekend, the best U.S. debut for an R-rated film. That's a lotta chimichangas 💵