1. The White House announced on Friday that it had joined Tumblr. The inaugural post was this image, detailing what will appear on whitehouse.tumblr.com:
2. But a closer examination of the document reveals that the White House used its Tumblr launch to quietly go on the record about one of the most hotly-debated questions of our time: the correct pronunciation of the word “GIF.”
Ellie Hall / White House
3. People have strong opinions about the pronunciation of this word.
Ellie Hall is a reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in Washington, D.C.
Contact Ellie Hall at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In The News Today
- President Obama apologized to Doctors Without Borders for the airstrike that killed 22 people at a clinic in Afghanistan. ›
- The U.S. Coast Guard said it will suspend the search for the crew of El Faro, the cargo ship that went missing in the Caribbean during Hurricane Joaquin last week. ›
- Hillary Clinton says she's "not in favor" of the Trans-Pacific Partnership, the 12-nation trade deal championed by President Obama. ›