Check out all the best of 2013
1. U.S. President Barack Obama doing a flamingo impression while golfing in Martha’s Vineyard.
AP Photo/Jacquelyn Martin, File
2. Russian President Vladimir Putin tactfully ignoring the sudden appearance of a topless protestor.
Sasha Mordovets / Getty Images
3. U.S. Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi receiving instructions from her television overlords.
4. U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry using his head for diplomacy during a trip to Afghanistan.
AP Photo/Jason Reed, POOL
5. U.K. Prime Minister David Cameron and French President François Hollande rocking out before a joint press conference.
Antoine Antoniol / Getty Images
6. Greek politician Nikos Michaloliakos channeling his inner Grumpy Cat as he’s taken into police custody.
AP Photo/Fosphotos/Angeliki Panagiotou, File
7. First daughters Malia and Sasha Obama taking photos of themselves while their embarrassing parents kiss during the inaugural parade.
AP Photo/Gerald Herbert, File
8. Former Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi peacefully napping during the speeches portion of the George W. Bush Presidential Center dedication ceremony in Dallas.
Jason Reed / Reuters
9. President Obama and President Putin posing for one of the most awkward photo of two world leaders that the world has ever seen.
AP Photo/Evan Vucci, File
10. President Putin apologizing for the awkward photo, but come ON, it wasn’t entirely his fault.
WPA Pool / Getty Images
11. President Obama checking to see if his personal umbrella attendant can rest his arm during a rather wet news conference.
AP Photo/Charles Dharapak, File
12. Former U.S. presidential nominee Mitt Romney rocking a truly impressive Hawaiian shirt.
13. U.S. Senator Chuck Schumer paying very close attention to Beyoncé during the presidential inauguration.
AP Photo/Carolyn Kaster
14. President Putin and Pope Francis staring each other down at the start of a meeting at the Vatican.
AP Photo/L’Osservatore Romano, ho
15. President Hollande realizing he’s accidentally sat on a thumb tack during a visit to a school in northern France.
Pool / Reuters
16. Former British energy minister Chris Huhne being 100% done with photographers while arriving at court in London.
AFP/AFP / Getty Images
17. This truly creepy picture of a table troll checking out President Obama.
JIM WATSON/AFP / Getty Images
18. President Putin and Secretary of State Kerry working it in some amazing batik shirts during a meeting in Indonesia.
Pool / Reuters
19. First Lady Michelle Obama rescuing a defenseless child from the Obama family’s new dog Sunny.
Jason Reed / Reuters
20. BFFs Kim Jong Un and former NBA star Dennis Rodman watching some basketball in Pyongyang, North Korea.
AP Photo/VICE Media, Jason Mojica, File
21. Prime Minister Cameron, Denmark Prime Minister Helle Thorning Schmidt and President Obama taking a VIP selfie during Nelson Mandela’s memorial service. As one does.
Roberto Schmidt/AFP-Getty Images
22. President Putin releasing his inner Bond villain in a Russian submarine (this is clearly the most important photo of the year because obviously.)
AP Photo/RIA-Novosti, Alexei Nikolsky, Presidential Press Service, File
Ellie Hall is a reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in Washington, D.C.
Contact Ellie Hall at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here Are The Top Stories
- Dylann Roof wants to plead guilty to the charges against him in the Charleston church shooting, his attorney said, but a judge entered a not guilty plea for him on Friday.
- The U.S. Coast Guard has suspended its search for two teenagers who went missing a week ago off the coast of Florida.
- Beijing will host the 2022 Winter Olympics, becoming the first city to host both the summer and winter games.