1. Watch the magical moment:
Four year-old Alyssa Brown was visiting Snow White’s wishing well at Disneyland with her mother and baby brother when the princess herself appeared and asked the little girl to make a wish.
Alyssa skipped to the well with Snow White, shut her eyes and wished that her daddy, a Marine serving in Afghanistan, would come home.
When she opened her eyes, her father, Marine Lt. Scott Brown, was down on one knee before her.
‘Hi baby,’ her father said as she ran into his arms.
Alyssa’s mother, Jennifer Brown, describes her daughter as a “daddy’s girl” who has a difficult time coping when her father is overseas.
The Browns were happy that their plan to surprise Alyssa worked and they told KTLA News that her next wish is for a puppy.
- The U.S. government is investigating possible unlawful coordination by some airlines to keep prices high ✈️
- U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry will travel to Cuba later this summer for the opening of a U.S. embassy there.
- Nicholas Winton, who saved more than 650 Jewish children from the Holocaust, died at 106.
- Mozambique implemented a new criminal code that removes a colonial-era law criminalizing homosexuality.