My first instagram! So inspired and so impressed by these extraordinary young women. -mo #FLOTUSinAfrica
2. Her second post was a video of students performing a welcome dance.
Students perform a welcome ceremony at MLK Middle School in Dakar. #FLOTUSinAfrica
“You all are role models for my daughters, which is why I brought them here today - so that they could be inspired by you just like I am.” -First Lady Michelle Obama at MLK Middle School in Dakar. #FLOTUSinAfrica
5. After visiting with middle school students, the First Family visited the Slave House museum on Goree Island off the coast of Senegal, where kidnapped men, women and children were sold into slavery and forced onto ships, never to return to their homes.
The Door of No Return on Goree Island
6. She posted another video of herself meeting the people of Goree Island.
Greeting the people of Goree Island. #FLOTUSinAfrica
- An arrest warrant has been issued for Guatemalan President Otto Pérez Molina in connection with a corruption case involving the highest levels of the government. ›
- China will cut its military personnel by 300,000, shrinking the forces to 2 million people. President Xi Jinping called it a gesture of peace. ›
- A new study says there are 3 trillion trees on Earth — much more than previously thought. But we're losing them fast 🌳 ›