My first instagram! So inspired and so impressed by these extraordinary young women. -mo #FLOTUSinAfrica
2. Her second post was a video of students performing a welcome dance.
Students perform a welcome ceremony at MLK Middle School in Dakar. #FLOTUSinAfrica
“You all are role models for my daughters, which is why I brought them here today - so that they could be inspired by you just like I am.” -First Lady Michelle Obama at MLK Middle School in Dakar. #FLOTUSinAfrica
5. After visiting with middle school students, the First Family visited the Slave House museum on Goree Island off the coast of Senegal, where kidnapped men, women and children were sold into slavery and forced onto ships, never to return to their homes.
The Door of No Return on Goree Island
6. She posted another video of herself meeting the people of Goree Island.
Greeting the people of Goree Island. #FLOTUSinAfrica
- At least three people have died in South Carolina due to severe rainfall. More than 11 inches of rain fell on the city in 48 hours. ›
- President Obama says the U.S. has launched a full investigation into the airstrikes that killed 22 people at a hospital in Afghanistan on Saturday. ›
- The World Bank announced that for the first time it is forecasting the rate of extreme global poverty to drop below 10% in 2015 . ›