A German Shepherd like this one saved his human from committing suicide by knocking aside a gun at the moment the French woman tried to fire it into her heart.
The 63-year-old woman planned to kill herself when she walked into the garden of her home in southeastern France with her dog, a male German Shepherd, on Wednesday. According to local police, the woman fired several test shots of a 22-calibre rifle to ensure that it was working before she turned the gun on her chest.
“At the moment she pulled the trigger, her dog jumped on her and diverted the shot,” a police officer told Le Figaro, adding that the animal “probably sensed things and knocked into her to save her.”
The woman was conscious and suffering from a chest wound when she was found by her husband. She was taken to the hospital, but her injuries are not considered to be life-threatening.
According to police, the dog appeared to be “deeply affected” by his human’s actions.
3. Here’s how we here at BuzzFeed feel about this story:
- Greece will decide on Sunday whether they will accept austerity measures as a condition of a bailout that may stave off an imminent financial and economic crisis.
- Some 150 migrants stranded in the French city of Calais stormed the Channel Tunnel in an attempt to make it to British territory.
- It took a while, but an English national soccer team has finally defeated Germany in a major tournament. England took third place with a 1-0 win over the top-ranked German team in the FIFA Women's World Cup ⚽️
- Chile defeated Argentina on penalties to win the Copa America tournament. It's the first ever trophy for Chile in the 99 years of the Copa ⚽️