1. Wikileaks founder Julian Assange guest-starred in a satirical music video (he shows up around 3:30) and parodied an Australian ’80s pop hit… while wearing a mullet.
The video, which parodies the upcoming Australian federal elections, is the latest in a series of comedic rap commentaries from Aussie duo Juice Rap News.
2. Assange’s portion of the video was filmed at the Ecuadorian embassy in London, where he has been living since June 2012 in order to avoid extradition from Britain to Sweden.
3. At first, Assange is clearly rocking out.
4. And then it gets really weird, as Assange begins to “sing” a parody of John Farnham’s 1986 hit “You’re the Voice,” with new, Wikileaks-themed lyrics.
(He was lipsyncing.)
5. “We’ve got to make things leak, so we can get much bolder,” Assange croons over clips from some of his site’s most famous leaks.
6. “Oh, we’re all wire-tapped now, we’re all being fed lies.”
7. “You’re the light that the world’s demanding!”
8. “Make it bright and make things clear.”
11. I seriously don’t know what to think about this.
12. BONUS: Here’s a video of Julian Assange dancing.
- President Obama has announced a new rule that would expand eligibility for overtime pay to millions more Americans.
- An order from the U.S. Supreme Court means Texas abortion clinics affected by a new state law can stay open while the law is challenged.
- Transgender women can be housed in women's immigrant detention facilities under new guidelines issued today.