1. Wikileaks founder Julian Assange guest-starred in a satirical music video (he shows up around 3:30) and parodied an Australian ’80s pop hit… while wearing a mullet.
The video, which parodies the upcoming Australian federal elections, is the latest in a series of comedic rap commentaries from Aussie duo Juice Rap News.
2. Assange’s portion of the video was filmed at the Ecuadorian embassy in London, where he has been living since June 2012 in order to avoid extradition from Britain to Sweden.
3. At first, Assange is clearly rocking out.
4. And then it gets really weird, as Assange begins to “sing” a parody of John Farnham’s 1986 hit “You’re the Voice,” with new, Wikileaks-themed lyrics.
(He was lipsyncing.)
5. “We’ve got to make things leak, so we can get much bolder,” Assange croons over clips from some of his site’s most famous leaks.
6. “Oh, we’re all wire-tapped now, we’re all being fed lies.”
7. “You’re the light that the world’s demanding!”
8. “Make it bright and make things clear.”
10. And then suddenly… MULTIPLE ASSANGES.
11. I seriously don’t know what to think about this.
12. BONUS: Here’s a video of Julian Assange dancing.
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- And Kobe Bryant wrote a poem announcing that he's retiring from professional basketball at the end of this season 🏀🎭 ›