1. Wikileaks founder Julian Assange guest-starred in a satirical music video (he shows up around 3:30) and parodied an Australian ’80s pop hit… while wearing a mullet.
The video, which parodies the upcoming Australian federal elections, is the latest in a series of comedic rap commentaries from Aussie duo Juice Rap News.
2. Assange’s portion of the video was filmed at the Ecuadorian embassy in London, where he has been living since June 2012 in order to avoid extradition from Britain to Sweden.
3. At first, Assange is clearly rocking out.
4. And then it gets really weird, as Assange begins to “sing” a parody of John Farnham’s 1986 hit “You’re the Voice,” with new, Wikileaks-themed lyrics.
(He was lipsyncing.)
5. “We’ve got to make things leak, so we can get much bolder,” Assange croons over clips from some of his site’s most famous leaks.
6. “Oh, we’re all wire-tapped now, we’re all being fed lies.”
7. “You’re the light that the world’s demanding!”
8. “Make it bright and make things clear.”
11. I seriously don’t know what to think about this.
12. BONUS: Here’s a video of Julian Assange dancing.
- BuzzFeed News looks at the fourth anniversary of Mark Duggan's death, an unarmed black man who was shot by police in north London. The shooting sparked England-wide riots in 2011.
- President Obama unveiled a climate change plan on Monday that calls for federal limits on the amount of carbon power plants can produce.
- Puerto Rico has failed to make a $58 million debt payment, and credit rating agency Moody's says the U.S. territory is in default.