1. Wikileaks founder Julian Assange guest-starred in a satirical music video (he shows up around 3:30) and parodied an Australian ’80s pop hit… while wearing a mullet.
The video, which parodies the upcoming Australian federal elections, is the latest in a series of comedic rap commentaries from Aussie duo Juice Rap News.
2. Assange’s portion of the video was filmed at the Ecuadorian embassy in London, where he has been living since June 2012 in order to avoid extradition from Britain to Sweden.
3. At first, Assange is clearly rocking out.
4. And then it gets really weird, as Assange begins to “sing” a parody of John Farnham’s 1986 hit “You’re the Voice,” with new, Wikileaks-themed lyrics.
(He was lipsyncing.)
5. “We’ve got to make things leak, so we can get much bolder,” Assange croons over clips from some of his site’s most famous leaks.
6. “Oh, we’re all wire-tapped now, we’re all being fed lies.”
7. “You’re the light that the world’s demanding!”
8. “Make it bright and make things clear.”
11. I seriously don’t know what to think about this.
12. BONUS: Here’s a video of Julian Assange dancing.
- Doctors Without Borders is demanding an independent fact-finding mission into the deadly U.S. bombing on its Afghan hospital. ›
- The European Union is now using naval vessels in the Mediterranean to intercept boats that are smuggling refugees and migrants to Europe. ›
- Tomas Lindahl, Paul Modrich, and Aziz Sancar have won the Nobel Prize in chemistry for figuring out how cells repair DNA. ›