1. A series of fake iOS 7 ads claiming that the software update will make devices waterproof has been circulating on the internet.
3. The fake advertising campaign began as a 4chan prank.
4. Soon, videos of people claiming to have tried the new waterproof feature began to circulate.
6. Apparently, some iPhone users believed the ads:
OK whoever said updating to iOS 7 would make my iPhone waterproof FUCK YOU
Anyone have a iPhone for sale? Someone told me iOS7 was waterproof and obviously mine wasn’t….
Whoever said the iOS7 makes your phone waterproof. Fuck you
â€œ@AjakeC1: iOS 7 waterproofs your phone! Go try it out!â€ NOW MY PHONE HAS WATER DAMAGE.!
Whoever said iOS 7 is Waterproof your phone…. Fuck You
11. Don’t try this at home.
- Protesters gathered in Chicago Tuesday night after city officials released the video of a white police officer fatally shooting Laquan McDonald, a black teenager. ›
- At least 19 people in seven U.S. states have been infected with E. coli in an outbreak officials believe is linked to rotisserie chicken salads sold at Costco. ›
- Adele broke the single-week U.S. album sales record set by NSYNC in 2000. "25" sold at least 2.43 million in about three days. ›