1. A series of fake iOS 7 ads claiming that the software update will make devices waterproof has been circulating on the internet.
3. The fake advertising campaign began as a 4chan prank.
4. Soon, videos of people claiming to have tried the new waterproof feature began to circulate.
6. Apparently, some iPhone users believed the ads:
OK whoever said updating to iOS 7 would make my iPhone waterproof FUCK YOU
Anyone have a iPhone for sale? Someone told me iOS7 was waterproof and obviously mine wasn’t….
Whoever said the iOS7 makes your phone waterproof. Fuck you
â€œ@AjakeC1: iOS 7 waterproofs your phone! Go try it out!â€ NOW MY PHONE HAS WATER DAMAGE.!
Whoever said iOS 7 is Waterproof your phone…. Fuck You
11. Don’t try this at home.
- Sierra Leone is investigating a new Ebola death after a woman who was believed to be the country's last known case was discharged from the hospital last week. ›
- A white supremacist has been found guilty of capital murder in the shooting deaths of three people at two Jewish facilities in Kansas last year. ›
- The U.S. Supreme Court says a Kentucky county must issue marriage licenses while its clerk appeals a lawsuit from three same-sex couples against her "no marriage licenses" policy. ›