1. To protect women in Cairo’s Tahrir Square from sexual harassment and assault, Egyptian men have begun forming human shields around the female protesters.
5. Operation Anti-Sexual Harassment, an Egyptian women’s group formed in the wake of the numerous sexual assaults during the Arab Spring, said that there were 44 sexual assaults during the protests on Sunday, the highest number since the group’s formation.
- Protesters gathered in Chicago Tuesday night after city officials released the video of a white police officer fatally shooting Laquan McDonald, a black teenager. ›
- At least 19 people in seven U.S. states have been infected with E. coli in an outbreak officials believe is linked to rotisserie chicken salads sold at Costco. ›
- Adele broke the single-week U.S. album sales record set by NSYNC in 2000. "25" sold at least 2.43 million in about three days. ›