1. To protect women in Cairo’s Tahrir Square from sexual harassment and assault, Egyptian men have begun forming human shields around the female protesters.
5. Operation Anti-Sexual Harassment, an Egyptian women’s group formed in the wake of the numerous sexual assaults during the Arab Spring, said that there were 44 sexual assaults during the protests on Sunday, the highest number since the group’s formation.
- Justice Antonin Scalia, who served almost 30 years on the Supreme Court as one of its most prominent and influential conservative voices, died Saturday. He was 79.
- U.S. Republican presidential candidates debated for the first time since Donald Trump's win in New Hampshire, and it got intense.
- Bitterly cold temperatures and arctic winds began freezing large swathes of the U.S. Northeast ❄️