1. Thirty-four families were forced to evacuate their homes Wednesday after a huge landslide hit Whidbey Island, about 50 miles north of Seattle.
5. No injuries have been reported.
7. Officials estimate the landslide to be about a quarter-mile wide and a half-mile deep - much larger than the landslides that have hit this area in the past.
13. “There’s not anything we can do to stop the movement of the ground.”
- U.S. Republican presidential candidates will debate Saturday at 9 p.m. ET on CBS for the first time since Donald Trump's win in New Hampshire.
- Up to 150,000 penguins may have been killed by an iceberg blocking their access to the sea.
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz.