The National Rifle Association absorbed some predictable jabs from liberal pundit Paul Krugman on ABC while their defiant leader Wayne LaPierre seemed dazed by the uppercut delivered by Chris Wallace on Fox News.
2. Paul Krugman takes on ABC panel after he calls the NRA, “an insane organization.”
“What strikes me is we’ve actually gotten a glimpse into the mindset, though, of the pro-gun people and we’ve seen certainly Wayne LaPierre and some of these others. It’s bizarre … They have this vision that we’re living in a Mad Max movie and that nothing can be done about it. That America cannot manage unless everybody’s prepared to shoot intruders, that the idea that we have police forces that provide public safety is somehow totally impractical, despite the fact that, you know, that is, in fact, the way we live.”
3. And Fox News’s Chris Wallace took issue LaPierre’s NRA ad featuring the First Daughters.
“You really think that the president’s children are the same kind of target as every school child in America?” That’s ridiculous and you know it, sir.”
- After mounting pressure from other European countries, Britain will accept thousands more refugees from UN camps bordering Syria, Prime Minister David Cameron announced. ›
- A Guatemalan judge ordered former President Otto Perez Molina held in jail overnight while hearings over the corruption scandal that led to his resignation take place. ›
- The Justice Dept. has tightened rules on cell phone tracking, forcing federal agencies to get a warrant. ›