3. Meet Steven Bridges and Michael Snell, the first couple who were in line to marry at Portland City Hall as Saturday began.
4. Here Bridges and Snell are filling out their marriage license:
7. Then, they got married.
8. Here they are inside Portland City Hall, legally married:
9. Finally, they stepped outside City Hall to press and a crowd of supporters:
10. The photographer of that top shot, Alex Steed, later tweeted about tonight’s experience:
We’re on our way to process our videos and pictures. The feeling here in indescribable. Love! #yeson1 #ME4M #mepolitics http://t.co/n3zHQ2cO— alexsteed
For more great photos from tonight, check out the Bangor Daily News liveblog post on tonight’s weddings, which was covered in partnership with Steed’s Knack Factory — the source of several of the above photos.
- 26 people, thought to be refugees and migrants, were discovered in the back of a truck in Austria. ›
- Thai police arrested a man alleged to have explosives in his possession, almost two weeks after a deadly bomb blast in Bangkok killed 20 people. ›
- Kyle Jean-Baptiste, the first black man to play Jean Valjean on Broadway in "Les Misérables," died Friday. He was 21. ›