3. Meet Steven Bridges and Michael Snell, the first couple who were in line to marry at Portland City Hall as Saturday began.
4. Here Bridges and Snell are filling out their marriage license:
7. Then, they got married.
8. Here they are inside Portland City Hall, legally married:
9. Finally, they stepped outside City Hall to press and a crowd of supporters:
10. The photographer of that top shot, Alex Steed, later tweeted about tonight’s experience:
We’re on our way to process our videos and pictures. The feeling here in indescribable. Love! #yeson1 #ME4M #mepolitics http://t.co/n3zHQ2cO— alexsteed
For more great photos from tonight, check out the Bangor Daily News liveblog post on tonight’s weddings, which was covered in partnership with Steed’s Knack Factory — the source of several of the above photos.
- BP has agreed to pay a $18.7 billion fine to settle legal actions over the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill.
- Boko Haram has killed 97 people at mosques in northeastern Nigeria, a government official told AP.
- Former Virginia Sen. Jim Webb, a Democrat with a military background, is running for president.
- Tidal is now the only place you can stream Prince's music. He's pulled his work from other services, like Spotify.