3. Meet Steven Bridges and Michael Snell, the first couple who were in line to marry at Portland City Hall as Saturday began.
4. Here Bridges and Snell are filling out their marriage license:
7. Then, they got married.
8. Here they are inside Portland City Hall, legally married:
9. Finally, they stepped outside City Hall to press and a crowd of supporters:
10. The photographer of that top shot, Alex Steed, later tweeted about tonight’s experience:
We’re on our way to process our videos and pictures. The feeling here in indescribable. Love! #yeson1 #ME4M #mepolitics http://t.co/n3zHQ2cO— alexsteed
For more great photos from tonight, check out the Bangor Daily News liveblog post on tonight’s weddings, which was covered in partnership with Steed’s Knack Factory — the source of several of the above photos.
- The Dutch Safety Board has released a final report of its investigation into why Malaysian Airlines Flight MH17 broke up over Ukraine in 2014. ›
- Condé Nast has acquired Pitchfork, the independent music website and magazine, for an undisclosed amount.
- Iran's parliament approved a deal on its nuclear program, which was agreed to in July following lengthy talks between six world powers. ›