The Florida legislature doesn’t wait for the new year to swear in its new lawmakers. More than 50 new legislators took their oath of office on Tuesday in Tallahassee.
2. On Sunday, Richardson got to Tallahassee and shared a picture of the old Capitol building.
3. Here Richardson is on Monday with the chair of the Democratic caucus, Rep. Perry Thurston.
4. Here’s Saunders, with his partner, Donald Rupe, on the floor of House of Representatives on Tuesday.
5. Saunders took his oath.
6. Richardson took his oath.
- A judge ruled that the six Baltimore officers charged in the death of Freddie Gray, a black man allegedly killed by police in April, will have individual trials. ›
- Senate Democrats have secured enough votes to uphold the Iran nuclear deal when Congress votes on it later this month. ›
- Hundreds of Eurostar passengers moving between Britain and France were stranded for hours as people were seen on the tracks attempting to get through the tunnel. ›