1. Mobile phones are pretty great. Bars are great, too. But this is a problem:
2. So Brazilian art director, Mauricio Perussi, came up with a crafty solution. It’s called The Offline Glass.
3. This is how it works:
4. The Salve Jorge Bar, a Brazillian watering hole, tested the glass out in the wild. Since it’s just a clever marketing stunt, it’s doubtful you’ll see it at your local bar, but that shouldn’t stop us from dreaming of a future where this is the norm:
5. Watch the full video below:
Charlie Warzel is a senior writer for BuzzFeed News and is based in New York. Warzel reports on and writes about the intersection of tech and culture.
Contact Charlie Warzel at firstname.lastname@example.org
Here Are The Top Stories
- Greece voted "no" on sweeping new austerity measures tied to further bailout funds. Its future in the eurozone is uncertain, and its creditors are unimpressed.
- The U.S. defeated Japan 5-2 in Vancouver in the final match of the FIFA Women's World Cup. It was the highest scoring final in the history of the tournament ⚽️
- Captured New York prison escapee David Sweat has been released from hospital and is back in jail.