1. On the anniversary of his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp’s death, South African sprinter Oscar Pistorius has broken a long, public silence.
2. Pistorius tweeted for the first time in year to share a few words he wrote about Reeva Steenkamp.
3. Here is Pistorious’ full message:
No words can adequately capture my feelings about the devastating accident that has caused such heartache for everyone who truly loved - and continues to love Reeva.
The pain and sadness – especially for Reeva’s parents, family and friends consumes me with sorrow.
The loss of Reeva and the complete trauma of that day, I will carry with me for the rest of my life.
In a statement released through the family’s lawyer, Steenkamp’s parents June and Barry have said, “All we are looking for is closure and to know that our daughter did not suffer on that tragic Valentine’s day.”
- Tunisia's president declared a state of emergency a week after a deadly terror attack on a beach hotel.
- Some 150 migrants stranded in the French city of Calais stormed the Channel Tunnel in an attempt to make it to British territory.
- It took a while, but an English national soccer team has finally defeated Germany in a major tournament. England took third place with a 1-0 win over the top-ranked German team in the FIFA Women's World Cup ⚽️
- Chile defeated Argentina on penalties to win the Copa America tournament. It's the first ever trophy for Chile in the 99 years of the Copa ⚽️