1. Updated – 6:50 a.m., ET
2. The two men traveling with stolen passports were Iranians with no apparent ties to terror groups, officials said Tuesday.
Officials identified the men as 18-year-old Pouria Nour Mohammad Mehrdad (left) and Delavar Syed Mohammad Reza, 29.
Malaysian police believe Mehrdad was seeking asylum in Germany.
Authorities do not believe either man is member of a terrorist group.
3. According to the Associated Press, Mehrdad’s mother is apparently waiting for him in Frankfurt and contacted Malaysian authorities after she became concerned when she didn’t hear from her son.
5. In a statement Tuesday, Malaysia Airlines said rescue teams “have expanded the scope beyond the flight path to the West Peninsula of Malaysia at the Straits of Malacca.”
As far as a cause of the disappearance, the airline said that “all angles are being looked at. We are not ruling out any possibilities.”
- President Obama said that he was "deeply disturbed" by the video showing the police shooting of black teenager Laquan McDonald in Chicago. ›
- Frank Gifford's family says the NFL star had CTE, the degenerative brain disease linked to football. He died in August. ›
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›