1. Updated – 6:50 a.m., ET
2. The two men traveling with stolen passports were Iranians with no apparent ties to terror groups, officials said Tuesday.
Officials identified the men as 18-year-old Pouria Nour Mohammad Mehrdad (left) and Delavar Syed Mohammad Reza, 29.
Malaysian police believe Mehrdad was seeking asylum in Germany.
Authorities do not believe either man is member of a terrorist group.
5. In a statement Tuesday, Malaysia Airlines said rescue teams “have expanded the scope beyond the flight path to the West Peninsula of Malaysia at the Straits of Malacca.”
As far as a cause of the disappearance, the airline said that “all angles are being looked at. We are not ruling out any possibilities.”
- Former Virginia Gov. Jim Gilmore is dropping out of the race for the Republican presidential nomination. He got 133 votes in New Hampshire.
- MLB issued its first-ever lifetime ban for performance enhancing drugs to New York Mets' Jenrry Mejia.
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz.