1. Updated – 6:50 a.m., ET
2. The two men traveling with stolen passports were Iranians with no apparent ties to terror groups, officials said Tuesday.
Officials identified the men as 18-year-old Pouria Nour Mohammad Mehrdad (left) and Delavar Syed Mohammad Reza, 29.
Malaysian police believe Mehrdad was seeking asylum in Germany.
Authorities do not believe either man is member of a terrorist group.
3. According to the Associated Press, Mehrdad’s mother is apparently waiting for him in Frankfurt and contacted Malaysian authorities after she became concerned when she didn’t hear from her son.
5. In a statement Tuesday, Malaysia Airlines said rescue teams “have expanded the scope beyond the flight path to the West Peninsula of Malaysia at the Straits of Malacca.”
As far as a cause of the disappearance, the airline said that “all angles are being looked at. We are not ruling out any possibilities.”
- Police in Athens used pepper spray on protesters two days ahead of Greece's major bailout vote.
- A medical helicopter crashed in Colorado. The crash killed the pilot and injured two crew members.
- Serena Williams survived an upset at Wimbledon and defeated current Britain's Heather Watson. She'll play her older sister Venus in the next round of the tournament ?