2. Richard Nixon
Swims only at night.
Via (AP Photo)
Obama might be the most photographed topless president ever.
4. George H.W. Bush was careful to not get photographed with his shirt off.
Via Cynthia Johnson/Liaison
5. George W. Bush was also careful to not get photographed swimming.
But he has helped us piece together what this would look like:
6. Eisenhower only appeared on the beach in military vehicles.
7. LBJ liked to read memos to his grandkids while swimming.
Via Bill Beebe / Los Angeles Times Photographic Archive / UCLA
Plus, Truman understood the most important accessory while swimming:
15. Teddy Roosevelt would swim only if the animal he was riding at the time wanted to.
In The News Today
- A flash flood emergency has been issued Sunday in Charleston, South Carolina. More than 16 inches of rain fell in some areas. ›
- President Obama says the U.S. has launched a full investigation into the airstrikes that killed 19 people at a hospital in Afghanistan on Saturday. ›
- More than a dozen people were killed after severe storms and flooding swept through the French Riviera on Saturday evening. ›