2. Richard Nixon
Swims only at night.
Via (AP Photo)
Obama might be the most photographed topless president ever.
4. George H.W. Bush was careful to not get photographed with his shirt off.
Via Cynthia Johnson/Liaison
5. George W. Bush was also careful to not get photographed swimming.
But he has helped us piece together what this would look like:
6. Eisenhower only appeared on the beach in military vehicles.
7. LBJ liked to read memos to his grandkids while swimming.
Via Bill Beebe / Los Angeles Times Photographic Archive / UCLA
Plus, Truman understood the most important accessory while swimming:
15. Teddy Roosevelt would swim only if the animal he was riding at the time wanted to.
Here Are The Top Stories
- Dylann Roof wants to plead guilty to the charges against him in the Charleston church shooting, his attorney said, but a judge entered a not guilty plea for him on Friday.
- The U.S. Coast Guard has suspended its search for two teenagers who went missing a week ago off the coast of Florida.
- Beijing will host the 2022 Winter Olympics, becoming the first city to host both the summer and winter games.