2. Richard Nixon
Swims only at night.
Via (AP Photo)
Obama might be the most photographed topless president ever.
4. George H.W. Bush was careful to not get photographed with his shirt off.
Via Cynthia Johnson/Liaison
5. George W. Bush was also careful to not get photographed swimming.
But he has helped us piece together what this would look like:
6. Eisenhower only appeared on the beach in military vehicles.
7. LBJ liked to read memos to his grandkids while swimming.
Via Bill Beebe / Los Angeles Times Photographic Archive / UCLA
Plus, Truman understood the most important accessory while swimming:
15. Teddy Roosevelt would swim only if the animal he was riding at the time wanted to.
In The News Today
- With head clerk Kim Davis jailed, Rowan County issued several marriage licenses to same-sex couples today. ›
- After mounting pressure from other European countries, Britain will accept thousands more refugees from UN camps bordering Syria. ›
- A drowned Syrian boy, whose picture caused outrage around the world, has been buried together with his mother and 5-year-old brother. ›