You can win the internet and a whole new generation of conservatives if you made just a few changes in your outreach strategy!
1. The internet likes optimism. Be happy!
2. Purge the old, disaffected messaging leaders from your ranks.
So they stop releasing mind-numbing 100-page reports that no one will read.
The internet wants to relate with you and is begging you to be more personal and entertaining!
Unlike Mitch McConnell, whose Twitter is essentially the foursquare of boring meetings and news articles.
Social media is about relating with people on an everyday level.
Eric Cantor should tweet this gif. Because everyone loves smiling rabbits!
Don’t be scared of pushing your messaging with memes and humor!
5. And the internet will probably make fun of you when you mess up.
6. Acknowledge young Republicans, who are doing the extraordinarily difficult job of being conservative on a college campus.
And have aspirational dreams about the future and what it means to be a Republican!
Young conservatives should be handed the messaging of the party because they are not scared of what people are going to think.
7. This guy is not the enemy. Libertarians are key to progressing conservative views for young people. Embrace them!
8. The media may not agree with you on everything…
10. Quit it with the phony, photo-op minority “outreach” efforts.
Republicans in the House and Senate voted for the Civil Rights Act in much larger percentages than Democrats.
So, start running on the principles of freedom and equality.
Many gays could be natural Republicans if you reached out to them instead of treating them like this:
12. Make your serious points pretty and shareable: GOOD JOB Mr. Speaker.
BAD JOB RNC, KILL ME.
And Hillary says:
UPDATE: Darrell Issa, Chairman of the House Oversight & Government Reform Committee, has tweeted out the smiling rabbit.
.@bennyjohnson I don’t know if @GOPLeader will but I got you on #4 —> I like smiling rabbits: http://t.co/kr5SMPMf3J— Darrell Issa
- More debris – believed to be part of the missing aircraft MH370 – has been found washed up on the Indian Ocean island of Réunion on Sunday.
- Cilla Black, the legendary English singer and TV star, has died at her home in Spain, according to local police. She was 72 years old.
- A conservation group at Oxford University told BuzzFeed News that media reports of Jericho's death were not true and that the 11-year-old lion was "alive and well".