1. Meet North Carolina Senator Richard Burr.
2. He is kinda famous for driving around a VW Thing on the Hill.
Burr has owned the car for 22 years.
3. You can see the beautiful creature sitting outside the Senate office building any given day.
6. But have you ever taken a good look inside?
7. The senator is very prepared.
8. The key just sits in the ignition next to some wires.
9. A lei, aerosol can, a tiger tail and some old parking tickets decorate the passenger side.
10. The windshield is a bit cracked.
11. But there is still a rearview mirror.
12. In the front floor there is a diverse collection of leaves.
14. The senator sits on a towel when he drives.
The passenger seat is camouflaged.
15. The back seat may have a few holes in the upholstery. Also some leaves.
16. There is some legislation on the floor in the back.
19. Lil paint chipping.
22. BuzzFeed has made multiple requests to Burr’s office to drive around in the car with him, but has not received a response.
- 200 million women and girls have undergone genital mutilation, UNICEF data says. But the practice's prevalence is down.
- Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders debated head-to-head over who was a true "progressive." 🇺🇸
- Do you know what happened in the news this week? Time to take our quiz.