1. The White House released this photo on Saturday, with a standard request not to photoshop.
This is the standard disclaimer released with every photo posted to The White House’s Flickr Photostream: “The photograph may not be manipulated in any way and may not be used in commercial or political materials, advertisements, emails, products, promotions that in any way suggests approval or endorsement of the President, the First Family, or the White House.”
6. Others thought it made him look like a Union soldier.
7. But either way, not as badass as the Queen of England.
12. Some thought it made the president look macho.
16. Others mocked Obama for not being very adept with firearms.
44. And some of the internet thought the whole photo was fake.
- Illinois' attorney general has asked the U.S. Department of Justice's Civil Rights Division to investigate Chicago's police department. ›
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg says he'll give away 99% of his Facebook shares (worth $45 billion today) over the course of his life. ›
- And a Turkish court had to call in experts to determine whether a man comparing the country's president to Gollum from "Lord of the Rings" was an insult. ›