1. The Harlem Globe Trotters showed up in D.C. Wednedsay in support of the President’s Council on Fitness, Sports & Nutrition.
2. And they wore extremely dank shoes.
3. The two members of the team to show up went by the names Too Tall…
4. And Cheese.
5. For two miles the duo dribbled and skilled through downtown DC.
6. Past parks.
7. Along crosswalks.
8. And through busy intersections.
9. They were swarmed by media the entire way:
10. One of the funniest parts of the day was watching the gaggle of reporters trying to keep up with them.
12. The duo eventually got to the White House.
13. Where they goofed around and skilled a little more.
14. To the general bewilderment of those present.
16. They spun basketballs on kids fingers.
18. And on the fingers of semi-coordinated Aussies.
20. All in all a successful day for the Harlem Globe Trotters.
21. Even with and epic kiddie photobomb.
In The News Today
- One person died and three more were injured during a shooting on a university campus in Arizona early this morning. ›
- The U.S. ended its $500 million program that trains and equips Syrian rebels in their fight against ISIS, U.S. Defense Department officials announced. ›
- The National Dialogue Quartet in Tunisia won the 2015 Nobel Peace Prize for its role in building a democracy there. ›