This post has been corrected to remove four images used in a 2013 post that were not were not labeled as such, and to attribute another image to 2013.
BuzzFeed takes its responsibility to readers very seriously, and plagiarism is a major breach of that responsibility. Please read our apology to readers here.
2. You may be unfamiliar with the annual D.C. tradition known as the ‘Running of the Interns,’ seen last year here…
3. … if you live under a rock.
As a refresher, here is why this glorious annual tradition happens:
4. There is no televised or electronic recording allowed inside the Supreme Court.
So when a big decision is going to be handed down, broadcast television interns line up inside the court where the print-outs of the ruling are handed out…
5. … and they physically run the ruling out of the court, across the hot limestone, all the way to their waiting TV anchors.
7. You know you’re in the presence of a ‘Running of the Interns’ participant when you see an intense youngster wearing dress clothes and running shoes.
8. The interns have to preform the run in front of hundreds of crazy protesters…
9. …and dorky staffers Instagramming them.
10. The cops actually have to clear out a giant path through the crowd for the intern to run through.
11. To deliver your ruling first is an intern badge of honor.
12. The fastest runner in the 2014 Running of the Interns was Jason from FOX News.
15. Jason is so fast, cameras can hardly catch him as he BLASTS through the crowd.
17. Just one problem:
18. Sources at FOX have confirmed: Jason is not an intern.
20. Meet Leah from FOX Business!
21. Leah is a pink shoe wearing, go-getter who burned up the court.
23. And here is how happy the Fox Business on-air personality is when Leah arrives.
24. Other honorable mentions: This speedy intern.
25. The girl who was able to hold her dress.
26. And artfully dodge these loiterers.
29. Close call, buddy.
30. Look at that speed.
31. And of course, the ‘zero fucks given’ intern.
32. So here’s to you brave participants in the ‘Running of the Interns.’ Till next session!
Uncredited photos by Benny Johnson.
- Migrant deaths in the Mediterranean have exceeded 2,000, making 2015 the deadliest year for people trying to reach Europe, according to the International Organization for Migration.
- At least 24 homes have been lost and one firefighter killed as dozens of wildfires continue to ravage drought-stricken California.
- Three major U.S. airlines — Delta, American, and United — have banned the transport of big game trophies after the illegal killing of Cecil the lion in Zimbabwe.