1. The final preparations for the highly anticipated and perpetually controversial Sochi Olympics are furiously underway.
2. But unfortunately for the tightly controlled Russian PR machine, international reporters have arrived.
3. And here are the things they are finding:
7. Live wires in showers.
30. Some of the situations are so bad they inspired their own memes.
31. And people have even made a survival guide.
32. Journalists making fun of the Sochi conditions will most likely continue through the Olympics.
33. Especially in light of extravagant spending elsewhere…
34. But have no fear! If you are having problems, you can tweet at game organizer Dmitry Chernyshenko.
In The News Today
- Wes Craven, who directed "Scream" and "A Nightmare on Elm Street," has died of brain cancer. He was 76. ›
- Shannon Miles, who is suspected of ambushing and killing a Harris County, Texas, sheriff's deputy, was arrested Saturday and charged with capital murder. ›
- For the first time in history, there are three major hurricanes in the Pacific east of the International Dateline at the same time. ›