1. Sarah Palin whipped out a can of chew during her speech at the NRA convention.
2. She started packing it like a champ while saying “Don’t make me do it.”
3. The former Alaska Governor mused that she stole the chew from her husband: “It’s funny because Todd’s been looking for this all morning.”
Chip Somodevilla / Getty Images
4. The action was in response to NYC Mayor Michael Bloomberg announcing he will be seeking a ban on displaying tobacco in stores in NYC.
Pool / Reuters
5. Watch the video here:
6. Palin pulled a similar stunt at this years CPAC when she took a drink from a Big Gulp on stage.
Carolyn Kaster / AP
7. This was in response to Bloomberg’s proposed Big Gulp ban.
8. As of publishing time, BuzzFeed had not confirmed what type of chew the Palin’s prefer.
In The News Today
- President Obama on Monday declared a major disaster in South Carolina, where floods have killed at least 12 people and left tens of thousands stranded. ›
- California has become the fifth U.S. state to legalize physician-assisted suicide for terminally ill patients. ›
- Russia is reportedly preparing to send ground troops to aid Syria's campaign against rebel forces. ›