1. Sarah Palin whipped out a can of chew during her speech at the NRA convention.
2. She started packing it like a champ while saying “Don’t make me do it.”
3. The former Alaska Governor mused that she stole the chew from her husband: “It’s funny because Todd’s been looking for this all morning.”
Chip Somodevilla / Getty Images
4. The action was in response to NYC Mayor Michael Bloomberg announcing he will be seeking a ban on displaying tobacco in stores in NYC.
Pool / Reuters
5. Watch the video here:
6. Palin pulled a similar stunt at this years CPAC when she took a drink from a Big Gulp on stage.
Carolyn Kaster / AP
7. This was in response to Bloomberg’s proposed Big Gulp ban.
8. As of publishing time, BuzzFeed had not confirmed what type of chew the Palin’s prefer.
Here Are The Top Stories
- A Memphis police officer was shot dead on Saturday night while conducting a routine traffic stop, according to a statement from the Memphis Police Department.
- A conservation group in Zimbabwe reported that Jericho, the brother of beloved lion Cecil, was shot and killed by a hunter. But some scientists monitoring the pride believe he is OK.
- Joe Biden has begun to "actively explore a possible presidential campaign," the New York Times reports.