1. Sarah Palin whipped out a can of chew during her speech at the NRA convention.
2. She started packing it like a champ while saying “Don’t make me do it.”
3. The former Alaska Governor mused that she stole the chew from her husband: “It’s funny because Todd’s been looking for this all morning.”
Chip Somodevilla / Getty Images
4. The action was in response to NYC Mayor Michael Bloomberg announcing he will be seeking a ban on displaying tobacco in stores in NYC.
Pool / Reuters
5. Watch the video here:
6. Palin pulled a similar stunt at this years CPAC when she took a drink from a Big Gulp on stage.
Carolyn Kaster / AP
7. This was in response to Bloomberg’s proposed Big Gulp ban.
8. As of publishing time, BuzzFeed had not confirmed what type of chew the Palin’s prefer.
In The News Today
- 26 people, thought to be refugees and migrants, were discovered in the back of a truck in Austria. ›
- Thai police arrested a man alleged to have explosives in his possession, almost two weeks after a deadly bomb blast in Bangkok killed 20 people. ›
- Kyle Jean-Baptiste, the first black man to play Jean Valjean on Broadway in "Les Misérables," died Friday. He was 21. ›